The essential items for summer camping are as follows:
Before camping, make a gear list and prepare the essential items. The list should include: low-ventilation double-layer tents, moisture-proof pads, sleeping bags, mosquito coils, sulfur, lighting equipment, etc.
Generally speaking, double-layer tents with low ventilation holes are the first choice, because no matter the seaside or the mountains, there will be the problem of “high humidity and heavy dew” at night. If the tent is equipped with a waterproof floor mat, the waterproof performance will be better, which can improve the moisture from the surface. The moisture-proof pad is easily overlooked by novices in camping, thinking that the waterproof function of the tent is enough. In fact, moisture-proof pads can allow campers to lie down and rest at night. It is recommended to choose physical foam products to avoid odor. Conditional can choose to use self-inflating air cushion as moisture-proof cushion, softer and more comfortable. Another item that is easily overlooked is the sleeping bag. Because generally speaking, the tent in summer will be warmer, unless it is in the alpine zone, there are not many opportunities to actually get into the sleeping bag. However, the temperature difference between day and night in the wild is large, so it is best to prepare an envelope-type sleeping bag and use it as a quilt.
Lighting at night is very important for camping, and the lighting equipment can choose battery lights or gas lights. If it is a battery light, be sure to prepare enough spare batteries. Sulphur and pesticides are sprayed around the campsite to prevent pests from entering the campsite and harming themselves.
In addition, it is advisable to wear long clothes and trousers that are more close-fitting to avoid mosquito bites and twigs. Shoes should choose outdoor sports shoes that fit and slip. Before departure, you should also prepare enough clean water, dry food and commonly used medicines, such as mosquito repellents, antidiarrheal medicines, trauma medicines, etc.
If outdoor camping involves some adventure activities, you should also bring two kinds of knives. One of them is a foldable multifunctional knife, which has more than ten functions such as main knife, bottle opener, tweezers, hunter’s sickle, saw, etc. It is convenient and practical. The broadsword should be a dagger that is suitable for chopping wood, and can also hunt animals, skinning daggers, or a large, heavy crescent-shaped knife in times of danger.
The precautions for summer camping are as follows:
- Wind and rain and electric shock
When people who have lived in cities for a long time are camping, they often panic when they encounter lightning or hear thunder. In fact, there is no need to be nervous. As long as they do not camp on the highest hills or bare places, the danger will be greatly reduced. Avoid standing under tall trees when lightning strikes, and discard metal objects in your hands. If you can’t escape, then lying on the spot can also minimize the danger.
When camping, you should pay attention to the direction of the flood. The beach alluvium is a good place for camping, but it is also the first to bear the brunt of the flood. After the rain, you should take action and change the camp. Otherwise, it may be washed away by the flood.
- Rising water and candles
If someone unfortunately drowns, the first thing to do is to remove the foreign body in the mouth, and perform “heart massage” and “artificial respiration”, and get a person who knows medical care as soon as possible. , likely blocking his throat. When drowning, bamboo poles, floating objects (wood, planks, lifebuoys) or clothes can be used. In addition, in terms of fire prevention, in addition to doing a good job of extinguishing the fire, do not light candles in the tent, do not throw cigarette butts and cigarette butts on the dry wood, and it is best to use flashlights or camp lamps for lighting in the tent.
- Insect bite
The most important thing to prevent a bee colony attack is to stay away from the honeycomb. If you are accidentally stung by a poisonous bee, wash it with alkaline soap as soon as possible, and then apply cold water or ice to the affected area. The method to prevent the bite of leech (also known as blood-sucking insect) is: when entering the mountainous area, first apply alkaline substances such as alcohol, gasoline, kerosene, soap, salt and other alkaline substances on the skin and clothes to prevent the invasion of leech. If you are still not bitten, don’t grab it with your hands, because this scratching is likely to tear off its head and leave it in the skin instead, leading to infectious diseases. It is best to pat the skin with hands, or apply salt, sugar, lime, or smoke it with cigarettes, matches, etc., and it will fall off naturally. After the leech falls off, it is best to squeeze the wound immediately to let it bleed, the amount of which is equal to the amount of blood sucked by the leech.
- Snake bite
A person bitten by a poisonous snake does not know where the poisonous snake will bite beforehand. If it is bitten near an artery, it will be life-threatening and should be sent to a doctor as soon as possible. However, once bitten by a poisonous snake, seize the time quickly, press the muscles near the wound with force, squeeze out the poisonous blood from the wound, and then pierce the upper end of the wound. Because it is at night, it is convenient to go out of the tent. It is convenient to put on the shoes because the flashlight illuminates the outside of the tent door, and then the shoes are turned upside down. Unstoppable.
- After choosing a campsite, spray with sulfur (anti-snake) or insecticide around the campsite to prevent pests from entering the campsite and harming themselves.
- The entrance and exit of the tent must be closed when the tent is set up. It is a good habit to usually develop a good habit of closing the zipper of the tent opening when closing the account; when entering and leaving the tent, the tent opening should be closed in time, so as to prevent mosquitoes and other small animals from flying into the tent and harassing them. Rest sleep at night. In many cases, when camping, some team members not only did not close the tent door, but opened the tent door to chat, so they were often harassed by small animals in the middle of the night to take pictures, affecting the rest and sleep of themselves and other team members.
- Pay attention to setting fire when lighting mosquito coils. It is best to use iron boxes to put mosquito coils inside, and use ventilation holes to distribute mosquito smoke. Do not leave fires outside.
- When entering and leaving the tent at night, a certain sound should be made in advance to alert the harmful substances around the tent and prevent it from being raided.
- When entering and leaving the tent at night, you must first check with the lights to prevent danger.
How to prevent mosquitoes in summer outdoor camping?
- The method of applying grass to repellent insects: Use an appropriate amount of mint, basil or tomato leaves, rub the juice and apply it to the bare skin of the human body. Mosquitoes smell the special smell emitted by these plant juices, and they are afraid to avoid it.
- Bottle trapping mosquito method: Use some empty wine bottles, put about 10 ml of sugar solution in each bottle, shake it a few times, make sugar solution stick around the inner wall of the bottle, and place them in the place where mosquitoes are active. Mosquitoes smell the sugar and will automatically be thrown into the “bottle trap” to be stuck to death.
- Taking medicine to repel mosquitoes and insects: take some vitamin B in moderation. After taking it, vitamin B is metabolized by the human body and excreted from sweat or urine, which will produce some special odors. Mosquitoes hate this odor, so they dare not approach the human body.
- Smoking mosquito repellent method: In the tent, use some wood chips, preferably aromatic wood chips, put them in a tin can, put a few pieces of red-burning charcoal on the wood chips, and then put some dry citrus, Orange or grapefruit peel on the face will emit a very strong smell after burning, and mosquitoes will “run away” when they smell it.